Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mexico City's trepidation, oscillation, last night and 85

Yesterday Mexico City's open wound bled, as soon as the earth trembles, 19th September 1985 comes to everyone's mind, and then when it not just only trembles but roars, and a long roar...
Last night there was a 6.8 earthquake in Mexico City, one thing I realized is that my precaution measures where equal to none...I felt the earthquake right away, everyone ran out of the house and I was a bit in awe and overflowing with a sensorial experience as I calmly, after announcing the event to other people, and as if nothing was happening headed to the kitchen and continued making tea, then came out to comment... it is still trembling it has been long no...?
Everyone started talking about how they lived 85, as for me I was 3 years old, and I think I did not have the conscience to live it as a traumatic event, however it is one of my earliest childhood memories, the replica...I was watching TV with my father in my pyjama and with the sausage dog, he carried us both and we ran out of the building.
I went to a party last night, many friends of the same generation, 1982, all of us have some sort of memory around the event...
Anyhow last night I felt something deep... and there was a deep movement in the earth, so no wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment