Friday, July 22, 2011

sane/insane

This is the copy of a chart that I found on an Indian philosophy book, it made me laugh a lot, as a very impulsive person, to think of myself, at times, at the border of insanity.

There is an extract from "The Long Way" from Bernard Moitessier, where he is trying to establish a relationship with birds, I think it to be a good and simple example of the importance of sensing a situation before any action. It is true that impulse prevents you from the time needed to process and asses.

"...And I had the feeling, again almost physically, that my hand drew them more than the cheese. I wanted to caress them, at least to try. But I did not gesture I risked breaking something very fragile. Wait a while longer, don't rush things, don't force things. Wait until the waves of friendship, made of invisible vibrations, reach their full maturity. You can spoil everything, trying to go faster than nature."

No comments:

Post a Comment