Sunday, April 17, 2011

Night War


In Thekkady we have started a very nice community, every night there is an assembly meeting of ants in my bathroom... unless they have to drag a dead beettle along; beettles come in every size and colour and are generally trapped behind the curtains, being noisy as hell until I drag them out... poor clumsy guys...and of course the ever buzzing mosquitoes, flying geckos, prehistoric size insects... etc..but last night it seems there was a war where I came out victorious without even noticing it.
I felt very itchy and moved around all night...also I broke my non-killing policy and before going to bed decided to kill two mosquitoes which were bound to give me yet another endlessly interrupted sleep. So with all the forest sounds and calmness I went to bed....itchy.... I woke up to find a whole battleground under my sheets, pieces of dismembered bugs here and there, some mosquitoes and some which I cannot even recognize, accompanied by bug and blood squashed marks... it seems I brutally killed a few of this little guys...but the blood was evidence of their attack on me, it was all in self-defence!
Overview of Battleground!

No comments:

Post a Comment